From the 7th to the 13th of April 2003: this years’ Intensive Course is related to the topic “Research and Management”.
by Luiz Oosterbeek
Intensive Course on European Prehistoric Art:
Tomar (Portugal), April 2003
Following a series of similar initiatives that are organised at the Instituto Politécnico de Tomar since 1998, an Intensive teaching on European prehistoric Art will take place from the 7th to the 13th of April 2003. This years’ Intensive Course is related to the topic “Research and Management”.
The Course will have a theorical part (public) that will take place from the 7th to the 9th of April and a field practice section (restricted).
There will be lectures on Hunter-Gatherers art (L. Remacle and M.Otte on the Origins of Art, C. Veronese on Riparo Tagliente, H.Collado on late Magdalenian and transition art), on early Farmaers and Foragers art (Juan Vicent and M.C.Berrocal on Iberian Levantine Art, V.Gonçalves on Chalcolithic art, A.Echassoux and H.Lumley on the Mont Bégo, A.Arcá and A.Fossati on Valcamonica, M.V.Gomes on the Tagus valley, M. Calado on Megalithism, F.Criado on Galicia, C.Scarre on megaliths, D.Cardoso and L.Oosterbeek on paintings) and on general approaches to research and management (D.Seglie on museum immagery, M. Quagliuolo on quality management, L.Oosterbeek on museology, M.S.Abreu on rock art management, M.Santos on research, S.Jorge, V.Jorge and M.J.Sanches on architecture as art).
The course will include two special events: a photo exhibition on the Alqueva rock art (now covered by a dam lake) and the public signature to create the “Archaeolgical and Environmental Park of the Alto Ribatejo” that includes the rock art of the Tagus valley.
University students are welcome to participate (for further information please check cph.ipt.pt).
Partners in this activity include:
- Muséum National d’Histoire Naturelle
- Universitat Rovira i Virgili
- Universitá degli Studi di Ferrara
- University College Dublin
- Rijksuniversiteit Leiden
- Gotland University College
- Universidade de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro
- Université de Liège
- Universidad de Santiago de Compostela
- University of Cambridge
- Universitá Cattolica, Brescia
- Union Internationale des Sciences Préhistoriques et Protohistoriques (UISPP)
- Federação Internacional de Organizações de Arte Rupestre (IFRAO)
- Centro Europeu de Investigação da Pré-História do Alto Ribatejo (CEIPHAR)
- Arqueojovem (AJ)
- Centro de Studi i Museo di Arte Prehistorico di Pinerolo (CESMAP)
- Cooperativa Archeologica de Orme dell’Uomo (CAOU)
- Colectivo Barbaón
- Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas (CSIC)
- DRI – Entre Interregionale
- European Commission (Socrates Programme)
Instituto Politécnico de Tomar – Centro de Pré-História
Campus da Quinta do Contador
Auditório dos Grandes Actos
Estrada da Serra; 2300-313 Tomar