TRACCE no. 6
Main Archaeological links, main Rock Art links, Short news and appointments…
Main Archaeological links
- Archnet The most complete world-wide. Many pages, areas, subjects, guestbook (by University of Connecticut).
- ARGE Archaeological Resource Guide Europe: it takes Naquane engravings as logo (Neolithic? Bronze Age?)
- RomarchRoman Classic (and Iron Age) archaeology in Italy and Roman provinces (by University of Michigan).
- Archaeological Fieldwork Server all over the world.
- SCESCAPE Science: Anthropology & Archeology, many good links.
- Anthropology Resources on the Internet Discussion groups, WWW, good and long list of links by Allen H. Lutis
- The Ancient World Web: Geography Index A lot of worldwide archaeological links
- odin1.html dreaming the past in archaeology: good links
- ArchDATA cadres d’accueil French Archaeology best sites
- Laboratoire du Lazaret French archaeology and research (Nice -F)
- Links to WWW Prehistory Many prehistoric (and rock art) links, by Rex Kwok.
- WWW Web Sites: Ancient History Detailed links
- RockArtNet start from here!
- AnthroNet: ROCK-ART Mail Subscription Form
Subscribe – unsubscribe – email a list of all subscribers and of archive files.
- http://www.bham.ac.uk/A…es/a2z.html#prehistoric Archnet: some rock art links
- The homepage of American Rock Art Association (ARARA)
- AURA Home Page The WWW Page of Australian Rock Art Research Organization
- EuRA European Rock Art: text and Photo Gallery, mostly Alpine Rock Art
- ROCK ART LINKS Best Rock Art web survey, by Bob Edberg
- TRACCE – TRACKS Online Rock Art Bulletin – by Footsteps of Man
- Rupestrian Archaeology Web Board an open space for online messages
- Rupestrian Archaeology and schools with children, drawings and tales, by GRCM
- Piedra Pintada Books a book business specializing in Rock Art, by BOB Edberg.
- The Ethnography of Rock Art an approach to Rock Art Study.
- Analysis of Rock Art Different ways of classifying rock art analyses
- Dating Rock Art Best web text about different methods in Rock Art dating
- Petroglyph recording project for PNM, by H. Walt and J. Brayer. A 133 K text
- Rupestrian Archaeology records: data and tracings
- VALCAMONICA ROCK ART periods, tracings, pictures, by Footsteps of Man
- VALTELLINA ROCK ART prehistoric periods, pictures, by Footsteps of Man
- Rock Art in the Alps: Carschenna by Footsteps of Man (CH)
- Rock Art in the Alps Rock Art in the Alps index page
- Lunigiana stelae Beautiful! Pictures and archaeological text, by GAP (Italy)
- CCSP English The main page of CCSP (Centro Camuno di Studi Preistorici)
- Stone Pages Extra site! Dolmens from Scotland, Ireland, England. Many sub-pages
- Vale do Côa Página Principal Main page: refer to it about Côa Valley experience
- LABORATORIO DE ESTUDIOS PALEOLÍTICOS best spanish Palaeolithic art site
- Palaeolithic rock art in La Garma cave Archaeological introduction (Spain).
- Grotte Cosquer : les animaux terrestres Great page about Cosques Cave paintings.
- Lake Onega Rock Art Complete archaeological text. Best done! Reach it!
- Rock Art Foundation Pecos Region on Southwest Texas, preservation and education
- Brian Lee’s Rock Art web site Many links and photo collections
- Petroglyphs open A great first page for Hawaiian petroglyphs.
- Parowan Utah – Parowan Gap Well done, by Nal Morris
- landart.html Rich, and reach it (but long to load)! Different kinds of US petroglyphs
- Solmar solar markers and petroglyphs, by John W. Fountain (USA), reach it!
- HohoKam Hieroglyphic Best done framed page by Michael C. Gillette, reach it!
- Petroglyphs of the southwest Every week 3 new color JPG about SW rock art
- index.htm A great web page for the upper midwest By UMRARA
- Forrest Kirkland and the Rock Art of Texas160 Watercolors online
- Chumash Rock Art, by Cleve Ruggles, pictographs. Precious! (USA CA)
- Long Tour of Rock Art of Southwestern U.S. by Doak Heyser. Reach it!!!
- Dinwoody Rock Art: A gallery of images Reach! (USA, Wyoming)
- Fremont State Park The most exhaustive page about Fremont. 8 Mb to load
- François Rock art Page Petrarq project – useful links (Canada)
- Project Info Field-work notes about Ometepe recording Project (Nicaragua)
- Arte Rupestre very interesting page about S.ta Catarina Island petroglyphs (Brasil)
- Pictographs of Cueva Pintada (Baja CA, Mexico)
- Africa in Focus – San Art Good text by W.J. Rijssen + pictures (S Africa). Reach it!
- Rock Art Research Unit Research Center (South Africa)
- Rock Drawings Interesting (and first!) page about Korean Rock Art
- Mann River Region: heritage documentation and rock art recording work (Australia)
Notice for the next issue
They must have a short title, a signature and an address (also email if available).
Submit by writing or pasting them into the body of an email message.
You can also reach RockArtNet, where you’ll be able to paste or type directly your text into the appropriate form.
For additional informations please reach TRACCE main page.
Each author will have one or more online previews.
You are kindly asked to submit also images (2-3 each paper).
- If you are working on a PC/IBM, and your email program is EUDORA (and also others supporting attached files), we can accept any *.TIF – *.PCX – *.EPS – *.BMP – *.GIF – *.JPG. *.
GIF and *.JPG are the best.
Send them simply as attached files
- If you are working on a MAC, export them in a PC/IBM format (*TIF, *.EPS, perhaps *.EPS is the best), and in the same way send them as attached files (not in the body of the message)
The 1st is: RECORDING ROCK ART (records, files, databases, alphanumeric, boolean and descriptive fields, archives, “corpus”…).
All interested are required to send a paper (with pictures if possible, we can scan them) for TRACCE 8 issue (1997 June-July). The aim is to make possible a first comparison between worldwide different methods.
For short news and appointments (meetings, exhibitions, field works, books) please send an email to Andrea Arcà with no more than 200 types and a WEB link if availaible. Alternatively you can reach RockArtNet, where you’ll find some useful forms which will provide to send texts TRACCE editor.
Anyway post-offices and postmen are still working: at last choice you can mail (or fax) papers and images (printed pictures, tracings, photocopies, books, reviews, newsletters… (our Rock Art specialized library is waiting for your books)
to Footsteps of Man (real) address:
- Coop. Archeologica Le Orme dell’Uomo, piazza Donatori di Sangue 1 – 25040 CERVENO (BS) – ITALY – phone +39-364-433.983 fax +39-364-43.43.51.