TRACCE Online Rock Art Bulletin 1 – Jan 1996
TRACCE Online Rock Art Bulletin no. 1
11 January 1996 – cover and index only
PDF version also available
Number 1 – 1996 January
Send texts and images for next issue at Andrea Arcà email!Footsteps of Man is an IFRAO association from Valcamonica – ItalyMaintained by Footsteps of Man (Le Orme dell’Uomo) archaeological Cooperative
piazza Donatori di Sangue 1 – 25040 CERVENO (BS) – ITALY
- phone +39-364-433.983 fax +39-364-43.43.51This number is dedicated to Davide Pace, who discovered Valtellina’s Rock Art,
I N D E XCemmo boulders menaced by a roadDirect dating: does it work? the Côa Valley experienceRupe Magna, the biggest engraved rock in the AlpsNew Iron Age engraved rocks found in western AlpsArchaeo-linksShort news and appointmentsNotice
Main Archaeological links
- Archnet The most complete world-wide. Many pages, areas, subjects, guest book (by University of Connecticut).
- ARGEArchaeological Resource Guide Europe: it takes Naquane engravings as logo (Neolithic? Bronze Age?)
- Romarch Roman Classic (and Iron Age) archaeology in Italy and Roman provinces (by University of Michigan).
- Archaeological Fieldwork Server all over the world.
- SCESCAPE Science: Anthropology & Archeology, many good links
Main Rock Art links
- ROCK ART LINKS Best Rock Art site, by Bob Edberg. At the same time a call for preservation
- The homepage of American Rock Art Association (ARARA)
- AURA Home Page The WWW Home Page of AURA, Australian Rock Art Research Organization
- ROCK – LINKS by Footsteps of Man
- Valcamonica – Footsteps of Man
this document was managed by aarca
created on 1-11-1996
Short news and appointments
Fieldworks in Valcamonica (Italy) with Footsteps of Man
Grosio (Valtellina) July 20-30, 1996
Paspardo (Valcamonica) August 1-10, 1996
Trainig in studying – recording – tracing prehistoric alpine Rock Art
Rock Art lectures
Vacancies for 20 volunteers at both sites
Minimum stay one week
Rock Art Research – Moving into the Twenty-First Century
Swakopmund, Namibia, August 1l-18, 1996.
Official IFRAO meeting 1996 organized by SARARA.
Suggested topics for papers:
Meaning and motivation
Environmental issues and site management
International Rock Art Congress 1997
Cochabamba, Bolivia April 1-6, 1997. Sponsored by IFRAO and UNESCO.
Symposia and chairmen:
Rock art dating (Watchman-Prous)
The earliest rock art in the Americas (Steinbring-Schobinger)
The earliest rock art – a world perspective (Bednarik)
New approaches to rock art studies (D’Errico-Ogleby)
Administration and conservation of rock art (Wainwright)
New studies of rock art in south America (Briones-Dubelaar-Aschero-Podestrá-Taboada)
IFRAO meeting – Exhibitions. Registration of papers before September 30, 1996
Here the PDF file taken from the original html version:
Download (PDF, 391KB)